Greenify *ROOT* Apk 1.56 Download
No more envy of your friend’s iPhone which never become slow and battery hungry after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your Android device can also run almost as smooth and lasting as the first day you have it!
Greenify help you identify and put the bad behaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, stop them from battery leeching, memory hogging and stealthy running, in an elegant and unique way! They could do nothing without your explicit launch, while still have full functionality when running in foreground. Like what iOS apps act!
App Analyzer will analyze and show apps in your device that keep running persistent services and those launch itself automatically on a regular basis (when network connectivity changes, or every time you unlock your device, install / uninstall / update your apps, etc).
ROOT is required. If you are experiencing hibernation issue, this may be caused by your root management app (e.g. “SuperUser”), please try installing “SuperSU” instead.
NOTICE: DO NOT REPORT BUG AS REVIEW, since then I could not contact you for details. Please report bugs by email, on our home page or XDA thread.
Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify give you the unique experience:
◆ Unlike the “Freeze” feature in “TitaniumBackup Pro” that totally disable your app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it, without major uncomfortable impact on user experience. Greenify is nearly transparent! Set and forget~
◆ Unlike “App Quarantine”, you can launch greenified apps in any way as usual. No more crafted app-launch widgets, no more manual disabling.
◆ Unlike “Autostarts”, you can benefit almost all its advantages, but never need to deal with the complexity and risk of obscurely named app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
◆ Unlike any “XXX Task Killer”, your device never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes much battery juice. Since all greenified apps will be put into hibernation until the next time you launch them, there is no need to “kill” them during the hibernation.
As the bottom line, Greenify do need a background persistent “Cleaner” service to put the greenified apps back into hibernation when you are not actively using them. It is designed and implemented in extremely light-weight, with an average RAM footprint at 2M in total, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app. The background functionality includes but not limited to:
* Persistent background services
* Broadcast receivers, which respond to global device events, such as network state change, SMS reception.
* Alarms, which activate background task at specific time or interval.
* Widget update. Widget should display but never update because periodic update involves background task.
* Push message. Push is also disabled since it would activate background task on Android, unlike iOS which just shows up messages to user.
Please DO NOT greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you never rely on them. Please be sure to verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily relies.
In case you cannot install from Play store: http://oasisfeng.com/Greenify.apk
========== FAQ ==========
* Why not support Android 2.x?
* I cannot pick full screen app with app picker.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* I still want to greenify system apps, and I can accept any bad consequence!
(…due to characters limit, please read full FAQ on website)
If you love the little app and want to donate, please consider “purchasing” the “donation” version.
- Current Version: 1.56
- Requires Android: 3.1 and up
- Category: Tools
- [toggle title_open=”Close Me” title_closed=”Read More..” hide=”yes” border=”no” style=”white” excerpt_length=”0″ read_more_text=”Read More” read_less_text=”Read Less” include_excerpt_html=”no”][/toggle]