Chromer – Browser Apk
Chromer is a different browser based on Google’s Chrome Custom Tabs.
It simplifies browsing by prioritizing rendering a link first than anything else. This is achieved by use of Chrome Custom Tabs which are lightweight browser tabs from Google Chrome (limited other browsers are supported too).
Chromer slides over the website from the app, enabling you to transition into the website seamlessly. Even if you navigate multiple times, you can always press X to quickly return to the app, where you left.
????15 best Android apps released in 2016. –Android Authority
????10 best Android browsers of 2017. –Android Authority
Chromer gives every app its own custom internal browser. –Phandroid
Chromer opens all of your links in a Chrome Custom Tab. –AndroidPolice
???? STANDOUT FEATURES: ????
1. Chrome Custom Tabs to render web pages means faster and secure browsing experience.
2. Accelerated Mobile Pages support. Chromer can find and load AMP version of the page. AMP are efficient pages optimized especially for loading on mobile. Pages load considerably faster and saves data.
3. Article mode, a special reader mode which removes unnecessary content from webpages like ADS and shows just the content you are looking for.
4. Web heads it helps you save time by loading a page in background (5.0+ only, for other versions pre-fetch is used which only aims to reduce loading time) while enabling you to continue using the app of your choice. Floating bubbles are provided that enables you to manage multiple links.
5. Browsing activity syncs with Google account.
5. Many customization options.
What do I need to use this?
You need any Custom Tab compatible browsers. All Chromium based browsers are compatible and the recommended one is Google Chrome. You can install it here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome
Hows is using Chrome Custom Tabs advantageous?
Using chrome custom tabs you have the following advantages
• Minimal distractions from the app you are using.
• Pages load faster relatively.
• You don’t need to login to websites again if you have logged in Chrome.
• Your forms are auto filled if you have auto fill enabled.
• You can use Chrome’s data saver feature.
• Your browsing experience is secure with latest security updates! Other browser apps using in-built webview can be prone to security and performance issues. If you are below 5.0 definitely consider chromer!
• Your browsing activity is synced across device through your Google account.
Compared to normal chrome?
With Chromer, you are essentially loading a light weight version of Chrome that is fast and designed for the sole purpose of displaying web pages quickly. You can always Menu – Open in Chrome to open the page in Chrome and enjoy all features like bookmarks, history and multi-tab browsing!
Additionally by providing AMP and Article options, Chromer provides a superior browsing experience on mobile devices.
Is it secure?
Chromer uses Chrome’s latest rendering engine which is always updated through Google play. Hence you are always latest on updates hence browsing using Chromer is much more secure than normal Webview found on android versions below 5.0.
How to use?
Set Chromer as the default browser in your phone. From there on, any link you try to open in your phone will be presented in a custom tab. You can also not do this and choose to open link in Chromer when prompted.
Chromer is now open source under GNU GPLv3 license: https://github.com/arunkumar9t2/chromer
Your suggestions are most welcome, please find the way to send feedback in app. Please rate the app if you like it.????
1.7 is a major release! The highlights are two new browsing modes
1. Article mode: Its reader mode but better. Filters ads, images and just renders the content you are looking for. Try it! Highly recommended.
2. AMP Support: Chromer now supports AMP for even faster browsing. AMP pages are highly optimized for mobile and hence render fast.
3. Chromer now supports native history!
4. Design overhaul.
Other than these, there are major improvements across the board. For full changelog refer in app!
|Published||May 8, 2017|