Nova Video Player
Courville Software Version
November 4, 2018 Requirements
4.2 and up
Nova is an opeN sOurce Video plAyer designed for tablets, phones and AndroidTV devices.
This application is based on a fork of Archos Video Player open-source release, intended to support new features, available at https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos-AVP
– Play videos from your computer, server (FTP, SFTP), NAS (SMB, UPnP)
– Play videos from external USB storage
– Videos from all sources integrated in a unified multimedia collection
– Automatic online retrieval of movie and TV show descriptions with posters and backdrops
– Integrated subtitle download
– Hardware accelerated video decoding for most devices and video formats
– Multi-audio tracks and mutli-subtitles support
– Supported file formats: MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc.
– Supported subtitle file types: SRT, SUB, ASS, SMI, etc.
– Dedicated “leanback” user interface for Android TV
– AC3/DTS passthrough (HDMI or S/PDIF) on supported hardware: Nexus Player, NVidia SHIELD TV, Rockchip and AmLogic based TV-boxes
– 3D support with side-by-side and top-bottom formats playback for 3D TVs
– Audio Boost mode to increase the volume level
– Night Mode to dynamically adjust the volume level
Browse the way you want:
– Instant access to recently added and recently played videos
– Browse movies by name, genre, year, duration, rating
– Browse TV shows by seasons
– Folder browsing supported
And even more:
– Multi-device network video resume
– NFO metadata processing for descriptions and posters
– Scheduled rescan of your network content (Leanback UI only)
– Private mode: temporarily disable playback history recording
– Manually adjust subtitles synchronization
– Manually adjust audio/video synchronization
– Track what your collection and what you have watched via Trakt
In case you have an issue or a request about this app, please check our Google+ support group at this address: https://goo.gl/PXyUfM
If you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in the application preferences.
You are welcome to contribute to the translation of the application at https://crowdin.com/project/nova-video-player
NOVA stands for opeN sOurce Video plAyer.
Make TV show next episode cross seasons.
Translations improvements through crowdin contributors (thanks to dzejba, fodber, kaosnewsd).
Removal of buggy experimental features and stability enhancement.