Plex is the ultimate player for videos, music, and photos. Plex can play almost any kind of video file from your phone or an SD card. Or, if your files are on a home computer, home NAS device, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, Plex can stream them instantly to your Android – securely and privately, even over slow Internet connections.
FILES FROM ANYWHERE
• Play files saved to your phone or SD card (beta – video files only)
• Stream files from your home computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• Stream files from your home NAS device (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• (Plex Pass) Stream files from your Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive
To get the free Plex Media Server app for your home Windows, Mac, Linux, or NAS device, visit https://www.plex.tv/downloads
• Play almost any kind of video file, including MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, and more
• Automatically organize your TV episodes and movies with beautiful posters and descriptions
• Cast videos to your Chromecast, Apple TV, or other devices
• Full support for subtitles, including SRT, PGS, SSA/ASS
• Easily share your video collection with friends and family – or let it stay private
• (Plex Pass) Record TV and watch on your mobile devices (requires tuner device)
• (Plex Pass) Watch live TV on your Android TV (requires tuner device)
• (Plex Pass) See movie trailers and extras for your collection
• (Plex Pass) Set parental controls to tailor your family’s experience
• (Plex Pass) Wirelessly sync videos to your phone for offline playback
• Play almost any kind of music file, including MP3, M4A, FLAC, ALAC, and more
• Automatically organize your music collection with album artwork and metadata
• Easily share your music collection with friends and family – or let it stay private
• (Plex Pass) Create automatic mixes with Plex Mix and mood mix
• (Plex Pass) Show lyrics for recognized music
• (Plex Pass) Wirelessly sync music to your phone for offline playback
• Automatically upload photos & videos from your phone to your home computer
• Organize your photo collection with timeline view
• (Plex Pass) Automatic photo tagging based on computer vision
Learn more about Plex at https://www.plex.tv/features
• Include updated translations.
• [Mobile] Playback notifications will follow platform style.
• [Android TV] DTS-HD HR is now supported via Passthrough.
• [Android TV] Disabling Passthrough should really disable Passthrough.
FIXES IN 6.2.1:
• [Local Playback] Analysis and playback now more reliable when application is launched via “Open With”.
• [Mobile] Crash during application startup on new install. (#7422)
Much more, see https://goo.gl/GqRo4m
|Published||Jul 19, 2017|