Poet Assistant (English) Apk
A set of offline tools to help with writing poems (currently only English is supported):
* a rhyming dictionary, using the Carnegie Mellon University pronunciation dictionary.
* a thesaurus, using the WordNet thesaurus.
* a dictionary, using the WordNet dictionary.
* a screen where you can enter your poem text, and have it read aloud back to you by the device’s text-to-speech engine.
The dictionaries are built in the app. No internet connection is required to use them.
This app is open source: https://github.com/caarmen/poet-assistant
* Since 1.5.0, the app has the “run at startup” permission for the “Word of the day” feature. If you enable this feature in the settings, when the device reboots, the app makes sure the “word of the day” notification is still scheduled.
Looking for other languages?
This app only contains dictionary data for English. If you are looking for other languages, please contact the developer.
1.20.0: Added settings to treat some vowels as identical for rhyming. Improved Android Oreo compatibility.
1.19.0: Added function to print the poem, available on Android 4.4 (KitKat) and higher.
1.18.5: Add possibility to pause playback with “…” in the poem text. Currently only works for playback, not for sharing an audio file.
1.18.4: Crash fix
1.18.3: Crash fix
|Published||Oct 1, 2017|