Scanner Radio Apk
Listen to live audio from over 6,300 police and fire scanners and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
• View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
• View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
• Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, etc).
• Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
• Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
• Listen to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to listen to audio that’s been archived over the past 6 months Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their “Premium Membership” ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
• Supports Android Auto.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99):
• Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x or 6.x).
• No ads.
• Ability to record the audio.
• Player controls on the lock screen (version 4.x of the app only).
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening.
• With the “Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn” plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
The audio is provided by volunteers (primarily for Broadcastify.com) using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The “Location” permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select “Nearby Scanners”. When you select “Nearby Scanners” the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The “Photos/Media/Files” / “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage” permission is required in order for the app to support the ability for you to record the audio you’re hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).
If connectivity is lost while listening to a scanner, the app will no longer remove the “Now Playing” notification while attempting to reconnect in order to prevent Android from killing the service.
|Published||Mar 27, 2017|