Yet Another Pixel Dungeon Apk
Yet Another Pixel Dungeon (or YetAnotherPD for short) is a roguelike RPG with pixel graphics and simple controls. Like most other games in this genre, it features randomly generated levels, relatively high difficulty and a large number of things to learn. And like most other games of its genre, it is quite challenging.
This game is based on the source code of another Android game, Pixel Dungeon. It began as a small project with the goal to improve the original game here or there, but has since gradually grown into something much, much bigger. The games are quite different from each other, so there is no need to play the original game before trying this one.
The main feature of YetAnotherPD which makes it different from original game and other mods is that it is mostly focused on tweaking game mechanics in order to make the game more interesting, diverse and balanced. Anyone who is familiar with the original game will have much to learn again in YAPD.
The features of this mod at this point:
– Four character classes were reworked and now have different strengths and weaknesses
– Four difficulty variants, to provide adequate challenge for every type of a player
– A variety of equipment options – dual wielding, firearms, shields, and more!
– Most enchantments on the weapons and armor now are more powerful than before
– Environment now affects stealth and evasion, encouraging a more tactical approach
– All bosses have been completely or partially reworked and are now even more epic!
– New items, enemies, traps, and interactions added between them!
– Loading tips and more detailed information about items and character stats
– Improved user interface – auto-aiming, extended journal and other stuff
– Both new and modified potions, scrolls, wands, rings and other items…
– Healing, stealth, wand usage and item durability systems were reworked!
– Many old enemies gained new abilities or were moved to other parts of the dungeon
– Each chapter now contains six floors (a total of 31 floor dungeon instead of 26)
– Shops are now on every fifth level, and their assortment has become more varied
– Even more features are coming later since this project is still in development!
YetAnotherPD is absolutely, totally and completely free. There are no advertisements, microtransactions or limited access, and will never be. Most likely, even the “donate” button will only be added after the main release.
Of important notes: first, this mod keeps degradation system from original game, but it was reworked to be much more fair and adequate. It also limits item upgrades to a maximum of +3, but do not fear as everything was rebalanced accordingly. These features are inherent to the game system now and they will not be removed.
As a second important note, mind that subclasses, unique class armors, Lloyd’s Beacon and Dew Vial were removed from the game. Some of these things were reworked into something different (Dew Vial, unique class armors), while other are gonna be brought back later (subclasses, Lloyd’s Beacon).
This project is the product of open source software under GPLv3 License. You can find the source code for the current version here: https://github.com/ConsideredHamster/YetAnotherPixelDungeon
There are lots of changes in this mod, so it is highly recommended to check its Pixel Dungeon wikia article to avoid initial confusion: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/wiki/Mod-Yet_Another_Pixel_Dungeon
Finally, I want to say that I am open to suggestions and bug reports and always happy to hear your opinion about my project, whatever it is. My reddit account is here:https://www.reddit.com/user/ConsideredHamster/
A special thanks to everyone who supported this little project one way or another 😉
I wish good luck to all fellow rat punchers and demon slayers out there!
1. Localization WILL be implemented, but this will happen only after I will bring subclasses back (which means that it will happen only after the update 0.4.0).
2. Multiplayer WILL NOT be implemented, never. This is due to how problematic it would be to make it work properly with current game mechanics.
I will NOT change these decisions. Thank you for understanding. Good luck!
|Published||Mar 24, 2017|